Productivity is an important work ethic to assist the growth of South Africa's economy due to the following reasons.
- Safe working procedures are more productive as less time is lost due to injuries and downtime related to accidents.
- Efficient working methods lead to less use of raw materials, thus increasing profits.
- Good ergonomics lead to cleaner and safer work environments and promotes worker satisfaction and morale.
- Workers with a high morale and a good safety record tend to follow instructions more precisely and enact safe working procedures.
- Effective monitoring and reporting systems lead to better quality assurance of products, thus placing a better product in the market within a shorter time frame, thus promoting productivity