Ways to comply with Skills Development Act (SDA).
- Businesses should register with SARS.
- Skills development levy must be paid.
- Register employees with SARS to be able to claim back after training.
- Businesses with more than 50 employees must appoint a skills development facilitator.
- Assess the skills of employees to determine areas in which skills development are needed.
- Encourage employees to participate in learnerships and other training programmes.
- Provide all employees with the opportunity to improve their skills.
- Businesses should register with the relevant SETAs.