Application of the force-field analysis technique
- Describe the current situation/problem and the desired situation.
- List all driving/pros and restraining/cons forces that will support and resist change.
- Allocate a score to each force using a numerical scale, where 1 is weak and 5 is strong.
- Weigh up the positives and negatives then decide if the project is viable.
- Choose the force with the highest score as the solution.
- If the project is viable, find ways to increase the forces for change.
- Identify priorities and develop an action plan.