Impact of continuous improvement to processes and systems on large businesses
- SLL have more resources√ to check on quality performance in each unit.
- Enough capital resources are available for new equipment required for processes and systems.
- SLL have a person dedicated√ to the improvement of processes and systems.
- Willing to take risk on/try new processes and systems because they are able to absorb the impact of losing money.
- They can afford to use the services of the quality circles√ to stay ahead of their competitors.
- Large scale manufacturing√ can complicate quality control.
- Systems and processes take time and effort to implement in SLL as communication/buy-in may delay the process.
- Risk of changing parts of the business√ that are actually working well.
- Not all negative feedback from employees and customers is going to be accurate, which may result in incorrect/unnecessary changes to systems and processes.